On Sunday 29th October Keilor Little Athletics Centre will be holding its inaugural ‘Keilor Relay Open Day’. This exciting event is aimed at helping relay teams from through the whole of Victoria prepare for regional and state championships – while having some fun at the same time.
Entries are now open and the entry form is found here.
- Ages: U9 to U15 (plus an U8 invitational event as detailed below).
- Entry cost: $15 per team per race. Plus $2 per spectator for non-competitors.
- Events to be offered for U9 to U15 athletes are 4 x 100, 4 x 200, mixed 4 x 100, and medley – with guaranteed heats and finals for all events apart from medleys.
- A draft program is found here – please note that this may be subject to change
- In additional, there will be an ‘invitational’ 4 X 100m races for U8 athletes (boys, girls, and mixed) – at no cost
- Entries will strictly close at midnight on Saturday 21st October.
- Race will start from 9am, and we aim to finish by 5.30pm.
- A range of food and trucks will be available on the day, to provide a range of food options.
- Medals to first three teams in each final for U9 to U15 athletes. Each team will be allocated 4 medals, with additional medals available for $5 per medal.
- An engraver will be available on site.
Two educational courses will be offered at no cost:
- John McCall, an experienced relay coach and the LAV statewide On-Track coordinator, will hold a coaching clinic – this will be ideal for all first time coaches.
Nadine Laschko, an accredited practising dietitian with Dietitian Association of Australia, will present two sessions on eating well for competition, before, during and after, sports drinks and supplements, hydration, healthy eating from take away venues and canteens on the day of competition. Both will be
interactive presentations designed to engage both athletes and parents, including information handouts and food/drink demonstrations
- Entries will open up closer to the event, with a link to entry forms to be posted on this page, along with payment details. Centres will be sent a single invoice covering all teams entered.
This event will be hosted at our fully synthetic track, with very generous parking and easy access from the Calder, Tullamarine and Western Ring Road Freeways – see the map below.
Come along and experience our hospitality – we look forward to seeing you!
Some further details:
- Mixed 4 X 200m are welcome to enter the 4 X 200m boys race, but will NOT be eligible for medals. When entering mixed teams into the 4 X 200m, you will be asked to confirm that it is a mixed team.
- Medleys will be run as heats only. Times will be recorded for all teams, and these times will be used to determine the overall placings.
- While we will not be running mixed age relays, U9-11 mixed age medley teams may enter the same gender U11 medley event; likewise U12-13 mixed age medley team may enter same gender U13 medley event, and U14-15 mixed age medlesy team may enter same gender U15 medley event. There is no need to nominate the team as a MA team in the entry form, and such teams are eligible for medals.
- U8 4 X 100 (boys, girls and mixed) will be run as heats only. No times will be recorded, nor will an overall winner be acknowledged. At this age, it is all about the athletes having a taste of relays..
- Keilor reserves the right to combine events of different age groups and gender in heats and finals in order to optimise our programming. Medals will still be given to each age group/ gender, even if such events are so combined.
- In line with similar non-official little athletes events, we will have a relaxed standard of refereeing and will try to avoid disqualifying teams (unless the team is late to the event – whereupon they will not be allowed to compete, in order to keep the program going).
- The referees decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- We will accept one entry form per centre, from the officially appointed team manager for the centre. If a centre does enter more than once, we will process the last entry form only, and disregard all earlier entry forms from that centre.
- Centres will be invoiced for teams entered on Sunday 22nd October, and be asked to pay this invoice via bank transfer prior to the day of the relays. No refund or discount will be provided for teams that enter but do not compete – for any reason.
- We will do our best to accept every entry. However if we find that some events are over-subscribed, we will preference teams based on the date and time of the entry form.
- Final programs should be published on this website by midnight on Wednesday 25th October (and will be emailed to all registered team managers).
- Spiked shoes should be worn as per LAV regulations.
Further questions? Contact Keilor President Mike Lloyd on 0419 103 533 or email@example.com.