There are a number of alternative sporting codes and little athletics clubs you can choose for your children. So why should you choose Keilor Little Athletics Centre (KLAC) for your children?
1) One of the larger Little Athletics clubs in Victoria with over 450 athletes in the most recent season, meaning that we are large enough to offer a full program, including javelin, steeplechase and cross-country.
2) Highly satisfied parents – in a survey held after the end of the 2013/14 season, over 90% of parents either strongly agreed or agreed with the statement “I would recommend KLAC to other parents”.
3) Tightly controlled and yet energetic program – our regular Saturday mornings start at 9am, generally finish very close to 12pm, and yet offer most athletes five and sometimes more events in this time.
4) A highly regarded centre – We have been recognised twice at the top Little Athletic centre in Victoria in the last 15 years, was runner up after the 2012/13 season and made it in 5th position after the most recent season.
5) Modern facilities, with a recently installed synthetic track, full size clubrooms and plenty of parking.
6) A home of champions – a number of elite athletics in a variety of sports have come through KLAC, including two players for the AFL and an Australian 800m champion. Our athletes regularly win medals at state and national events.
7) But a big emphasis on athletes of all abilities, including children with special needs. Kids compete for personal bests during our regular events rather than against each other. We take pride in the achievements of every athlete – our club motto is “Be Your Best”.
8) Club championships (a full set of events in just one day!) and presentation day at the end of every year. Ever child who regularly competes should get a trophy at our presentation day.
9) A range of coaching options, including perhaps the leading On-Track skills program (U6-U7) in the state.
1o) An innovative culture. We were one of the first centres to remove the added complexity of having different clubs within our centre. We have recently invested in the latest timing gates, provide real time program updates to your smartphone or tablet, as well as a very popular Facebook page full of photographs of our athletes.