Congratulations to our 40 Keilor athletes that competed over the long weekend at the State Track and Field Championships at Lakeside Stadium.
This event saw the best athletes in the state competing against one another and challenging each other to perform at their very best. And at their very best the Team Keilor Athletes did perform.
We saw many outstanding performances with Team Keilor collecting 23 medals and many athletes achieving personal best performances. This was the best performance in some years, and it was great to see Keilor athletes winning individual Gold Medals after the drought of last year. This year we won 6 GOLD!
“JUMPING for GOLD”
Congratulations and special mention to U15 Emily Portaro winning 2 GOLD medals, one in Long Jump and one in Triple Jump.
Congratulations also to our other athletes who achieved Gold or multiple
- Frank Mazza (U/13) winning 3 medals, Gold in Long Jump, Silver in Javelin
& Bronze in 80m Hurdles
- Mitchel Langborne (U13) winning Gold in 1500m; Silver in 800m
- Pedro Gounder (U/13) winning Gold in 200m Hurdles & Silver in 400m
- Max Busuttil (U/12) winning Silver medals in 100m and 20m
- William Hurt (U/10) winning Silver in 200m & Bronze in 70m
- Carlos Egan (U/14) winning Bronze medals in Triple Jump & 200m
- Dane Novak (U/9) winning Bronze Medals in Shot Put & Discus
- Noah M Menamin (U/11) winning a Gold medal in High Jump
Full list of Medal Winners for TEAM KEILOR :
- Emily Portaro U/15 Long and Triple Jump
- Frank Mazza U/13 Long Jump
- Pedro Gounder U/13 200m Hurdles
- Mitchel Langborne U/13 1500m
- Noah Mc Menamin U/11 High Jump
- Olivia deLa Plaza-Sanche U14 100m
- Mitchel Langborne U13 800m
- Frank Mazza U13 Javelin
- Pedro Gounder U/13 400m
- Max Busuttil U/12 100m 200m
- William Hurt U10 200m
- Carlos Egan U/15 Triple Jump & 200m
- Isabel Moore U/15 High Jump
- Frank Mazza U/13 80m Hurdles
- Dilan Egodawatte U/12 800m
- Antoine Maitland U/10 200m
- William Hurt U10 70m
- Dane Novak U/9 Discus & Shot Put
- Koby Bewick U/9 400m
Congratulations to all of TEAM KEILOR, the athletes, families and committee for a great weekend of sportsmanship, wonderful performances, positive support and loud cheering. A fantastic effort from all.
Thanks for the wonderful weekend and I look forward to doing it all again next