KLAC has expanded its coaching program for the 2014/15 season.
KLAC wants to encourage all athletes, of all abilities, to “Be Your Best”.
As part of this, we will offer an expanded range of coaching options for the 2014/15 athletics season, all of them supplied at no cost to our registered athletes.
These options include:
1) Our weekly midweek coaching program run by ProActive. This program will start on 9th September at 6pm and run, apart from a break over Xmas and the summer holidays, right up to the week of the State Champs. Come along to take advantage of a range of qualified coaches, some of them former KLAC athletes themselves (Every Tuesday night from 6pm to 7pm, check the club calendar for specific dates)
2) On-Track program for U6 and U7 athletes. This is run by long standing club member John McCall, whose expertise in this area is recognised by Little Athletics Victoria who has asked John to oversea the On-Track program for the whole of Victoria. Is this the best On-Track program in the state? We like to think so.
3) A series of clinics on specific athletics disciplines (high jump, long jump, starting, throws, starting etc) to be run during the first few weeks of the new season. Details to come soon.
4) Our long-standing relay program. Taking place in the months leading up to Xmas, our highly experienced relay coaches led by Tim Golder and Nick Olsen will once again led a big number of teams to regional and state events. We cater for athletes of all abilities, who enjoy the camaraderie of working together with other athletes.
5) A newly appointed series of area chiefs to provide support and guidance to both rostered volunteers and athletes for long/triple jumps, throws and high jump during our weekly program.
There is no need for your children to be future Olympic stars to take full advantage of these options. Similarly, we also encourage athletes with special needs to join all or any of these programs.
What if your children are future Olympic stars?
We encourage all parents who want to extend their children’s ability beyond what we can offer to consider private coaching. A number of options are available, and we are happy to help you to find out more information.