Our registration portal is now open, and plenty of people have already signed up. So why should your family join Keilor Little Athletics this season?
There are two great reasons – because Little Athletics is a great sport for children, and because Keilor is a great Little Athletics Centre.
Little Athletics is a great sport for children because it is:
- Convenient – All of the family, boys and girls from age 5 to 15, can compete at the same place at the same time (Sat morning in our case)
- Cost effective – in our case annual registrations fees range from $190 for one athlete to $420 for three or more. This compares very well to most other sports
- Fun and friendly
- An ideal ‘foundation sport’ for children, where they learn the basic physical activities of running, jumping and throwing. These in turn can lead into many other sports such as footy and netball as the athletes mature.
- Easy to start with, and yet challenging for the older athletes
- Welcoming to children of all abilities, from state champions through to athletes with special needs.
- Both an individual (track and field, cross-country) and a team sport (relays).
Keilor is a great Little Athletics Centre because we:
- Are a larger centre, with 450 athletes last season, which is large enough to have a good spread of competition
- Have a simple structure with just one centre, rather than a series of separate clubs
- Hold a Centre Championships
- Have the ever popular steeplechase event
- Have an excellent ‘On-Track’ program for U6 and U7 athletes
- Offer weekly coaching on Tuesday nights at 6pm, and other training and coaching options
- Offer bronze, silver and gold PB medallions to athletes as they accumulate ‘Personal Bests’ throughout the season, as well as participation trophies and other awards at the end of the season.
- Have an up to date facility including a full synthetic track
- Run a tightly structured program between 9am and 12pm on Saturday mornings from October to March.
- Offer duty options where you can follow your children around.
- Finish every program with our very popular U5 ‘race’ , open to all children under the age of the 5.
- Is one of only two Little Athletics centres in the state to have won the prestigious Top Centre award twice.
- Offer a great way to try the sport, and improve the skills of all athletes, with our Induction/Come and Try days.
We believe that no other centre in the state offers this combination of benefits – which is a great reason to join us this season.
Our summer program starts on Friday 30th September at 3pm (to make the most of this public holiday) with the first of two special Induction/”Come and Try” days, and returns to 9am on Saturday mornings from 8th October – and then continues through to the end of March. Check out our calendar for further details.
Note that fee support may be available to Brimbank residents who have a health card – see here for further details.