I am so excited folks……it’s time…..my favorite time of year on the Little Aths calendar – It’s RELAY TIME!!!!
So this is a call out to all athletes from Under 9’s to Under 15’s to join the team.
With Team Keilor hosting our very first Relay Day..This will be the most exciting Relay year ever! I would love to have as many kids as possible join the team…..Let’s see how many kids we can get involved….can we make this the biggest team ever?
For those that are new to the Centre, relays are such a fun time of year. This is the perfect opportunity to get to know your child’s team mates and families within the club…..I just love it. We have boys teams…we have girls teams…..mixed teams and even multi aged teams….great opportunity for kids to get involved and run with their friends and even make some new ones along the way.
‘What’s involved?’ I hear you ask. As a member of the relay team, children will be required to be a paid up registered member of Keilor Little athletics, express interest in being a part of the team, attend training sessions (details below) and be available on race days (Calendar below). Some events are optional, so have a chat to myself or the coach about availability. They will love it…..so will you parents. All (under 9 to under 15) are welcome to be a part of the team.
Big thank you to our coaches who have stepped up and volunteered their time. These coaches will be spending a massive amount of time between now and December….living, eating and breathing relays. It will totally consume their lives as they dream the perfect baton change. So – thank you coaches.
Our coaches are:
- Under 9 – Alison McMenamin
- Under 10 Girls – Helen Vassiliou
- Under 10 Boys – Tim Golder & Yanah Cini
- Under 11 – Lianna Galang, Shane Parton & Glenn Walsh
- Under 12 – Steve Scodella, Brian McEvoy & Aaron Mountjoy
- Under 13 – Sia Palamara
- Under 14 – Tim Golder & Chris Mitrevski
- Under 15 Girls – Meli Ratu
- Under 15 Boys – Russell Cram
- Under 9 – Monday 5.30
- Under 10 Girls – Saturday 8.00am
- Under 10 Boys – Saturday 7.50 arrival, 8.00 start
- Under 11 – Thursday 5.00 – 6.00pm, Saturday mornings 8.30am (please email liana if you are interested- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Under 12 – Sunday 10.30am & Thursdays 5.30pm
- Under 13 – Saturday mornings & Thursdays 5.30pm
- Under 14 – Saturday morning, 8.20 arrival, 8.30 start
- Under 15 girls – Saturday mornings
- Under 15 boys – Thursday evenings 5.30pm
(Training to commence once the season commences (unless you are contacted by the coach and advised otherwise)
Relay Calendar of Events
- Keilor Relay Day – 29/10/2017
- Box Hill Relay day – 12/11/2017
- Keilor Relay Challenge – 18/11/2017
- NMR Relay Championship – 25/11/2017
- Keilor Relay Challenge – 9/12/2017
- LAVIC – State Relay Championships – 16/12/2017
So if your child is interested, all you have to do is turn up to training on the allocated training time. If you aren’t sure, or if you have any questions….please contact me, my email is email@example.com
I want this to be a big one…..the biggest season ever. The coaches are ready……we just need to start now – so lets do it!
(yep – I am still here)